Where do we meet?
The Society meets twice per month at the Village Hall in Speldhurst. We have use of the facilities on the ground floor, namely the Main Hall, a smaller Meeting Room and the Kitchen. The postcode for Satnav users is
They have a website which can be accessed from the Speldhurst Village Hall Website
How to get there
We have prepared two items which show you how to get to the venue. Both can be found on our Library Pages. There is a set of maps which show the general area around Speldhurst so you can plan your route, and a set of written directions including photos of the immediate area within the village.
In addition, if you click on the following link, this will open Google Maps, centred on the location.
Our Meetings are held on the first and third Sundays of each the month, though these dates are sometimes moved if they clash with local events or public holidays.
- 1st Sunday meetings start at 10.00
- 3rd Sunday meetings start at 13.00
Meetings usually finish between 17.00 and 1800, a bit later in the summer. We have access to the hall until 19.00, though we must allow enough time to clear up.
Dates of Meetings in 2020
Meetings are suspended at the moment.
Our meetings are held in a non-smoking environment. Refreshments are provided free of charge in the form of tea, coffee and biscuits. There is a microwave if you wish to heat up food for lunch. The following equipment and resources are available:
- We own large MDF table tops measuring 8 feet by 4 feet, which we support by using 8 of the hall’s plastic chairs. If you are planning to put on a big game we would prefer it if these were used, bearing in mind that there is finite number of smaller tables.
- The hall has a supply of metal trestle tables measuring 6’ by 2’6”.
- There are also some smaller side and card tables available.
- The Society owns a supply of green and sea coloured cloths, as well as hills, buildings and other terrain pieces. These are checked over every year and replaced, if necessary.
- Dice and tapes are also available, though we recommend that you bring your own supply of these.
There is normally no problem with space if the majority of games are being played on tables up to the size of our own large MDF boards. However, if you are planning to run a game which needs to use more than one 8’x4’ tabletop, or two metal tables, it is advisable to mention this in advance of the meeting, just in case there are several BIG games planned by members at the same meeting. The ideal way of arranging this would be by using the Members' Pages of the website.